Federal Consolidation Loans allow the borrower to combine all federal student loans into a single loan and extend repayment to up to 25 years.
- Federal Consolidation Loans have one fixed interest rate based on a weighted average of the current rates on your existing loans.
- Borrowers must be in repayment to qualify.
- Borrowers who are delinquent or in default must meet certain requirements before they may consolidate their loans.
- Parent PLUS loans are eligible for consolidation once they are fully disbursed.
- Private loans are not part of the federal loan consolidation program. Any loan consolidation option available for a private loan it will vary substantially by program and lender.
For more detailed information on Loan Consolidation and for an application click here.