- May 1, 2013 - FinAid Highlights: May
- Apr 1, 2013 - FinAid Highlights: April
- Mar 1, 2013 - FinAid Highlights: March
Duke FinAid: September Highlights
This monthly newsletter features relevant information, helpful tips, and upcoming deadlines to help you make the most of the financial aid available to you. For each headline, you can click the available link to be redirected to our website, or you can scroll down for additional info.
The 1G Network is a community of students who are among the first in their families to go to a four-year college, and it includes an association of administrators, faculty, and staff at Duke who take personal interest in their success. Visit their website at https://sites.duke.edu/1gnetwork/ to find upcoming events, read the student blog, and learn more about academic and financial resources.
Duke University has a new website! Personal Finance@Duke
This website is designed to empower Duke students and alumni to make informed financial decisions by providing them with financial management knowledge and skills necessary to navigate life events that affect everyday financial decisions, discuss issues surrounding personal finances, and plan for the future.
Please join us for the upcoming workshops:
Build Your Own Budget (Budgeting)
Learn to attain the lifestyle you desire.
Credit – Friend or Foe? (Credit Score/Report)
Your credit is a reflection of you, so keep it looking good and use it wisely.
Visit us at www.personalfinance.duke.edu for more information and to sign-up for these workshops.
Health Insurance (Reminder)
- New Students: All new students will need to complete the online health insurance form by clicking here. If you have health insurance through a parent or other provider, this form will exempt you from needing to purchase insurance through Duke. If you do not currently have health insurance, you will also need to contact Anna Kenyon by clicking here or calling 919-684-1481. After contacting the appropriate office and completing the online form, need-based aid recipients will automatically be credited additional funds to cover the cost of insurance.
- Returning Students: If you received financial assistance to cover the cost of your health insurance last year, your insurance plan and financial aid will be automatically renewed for the 12-13 academic year. You will not need to complete any additional paperwork. If you have health insurance through a provider outside of the Duke student plan, you will need to complete the online health insurance form by clicking here. Since you have health insurance through a parent or other provider, this form will exempt you from needing to purchase insurance through Duke.
If you indicated on your financial aid application that you have a sibling who is also enrolled as a full-time student and will have tuition expenses this year, you will need to complete the Fall Sibling Enrollment Verification Form this month. Forms will be emailed to students in the first week of September and will be due on October 5th. Completion of the form is required for all eligible students, and failure to complete the Sibling Enrollment Verification Form may result in a reduction of financial aid for the Fall semester. Please note that you will be asked to complete a Sibling Enrollment Verification Form for every Fall and Spring semester that your sibling is enrolled as a student.
Accept Loans and Work Study on ACES
If you received a loan or work study as part of your financial aid package, you must accept these awards on your ACES account in order to receive funding. To check your ACES account, please visit http://www.siss.duke.edu/siss/aces.
As room assignments are finalized, our office will make adjustments to students’ financial aid packages to reflect actual housing costs. These adjustments will be completed in October. Students who have made changes to their housing status may see a financial aid adjustment made on their ACES account. To learn more about Duke’s financial aid housing policy, please visit our website.Visit us on the web
Email us for more information
Manage your Duke Mailing List subscriptions or unsubscribe from this monthly email update